Share This Post

346586 / Blog / Formula 1

Verstappen told to go to Morocco

Verstappen told to go to Morocco


Belgian will work alongside stewards at Formula E event.

Max Verstappen has been summoned by the FIA to attend this weekend’s Formula E race in Morocco as part of his community service order.

Verstappen was handed the punishment by Formula One’s governing body after he shoved Esteban Ocon three times in the chest following November’s Brazilian Grand Prix.

Backmarker Ocon collided with Verstappen in the closing stages of last year’s penultimate race when the Red Bull driver was on course to win.

Verstappen, 21, will work alongside the stewards at the Formula E event, the second round of this season’s all-electric series, on Saturday.

A statement from the FIA read: “Max Verstappen will attend the Marrakesh E-Prix as a result of the stewards’ decision at the 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix.

“Verstappen will spend the day as an observer to the stewards, closely following their work at a top-level international motor sport event as part of the educational and informative approach taken by the FIA in this matter.”

Share This Post

Skip to toolbar