Douglas

Report: Manchester United considering Paul Pogba, Douglas Costa swap

A report claims that Manchester United will consider offloading Paul Pogba to former club Juventus if Douglas Costa is offered in return. Manchester United have asked Juventus for Douglas Costa in return for Paul Pogba, according to a report. The French midfielder has returned to form since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer replaced Jose Mourinho as United manager in December, scoring four goals and assisting two more in four appearances. Despite his recent displays, however, Pogba is still said to be interested in a return to former club Juventus at the end of the season. According to the Tuttosport, the Serie A champions will look to pursue the World Cup winner again in the summer, and they could sanction the move of Costa in the opposition direction to ensure that they land their man. Pogba won four...

Report: Manchester United make £54m bid for Douglas Costa

A report claims that Manchester United have lodged a £54m bid for Douglas Costa, who is struggling for starts at Juventus. Manchester United have tabled an official offer for Juventus attacker Douglas Costa, according to a report. The 28-year-old has struggled for starts in Serie A this season, being used just three times from the off in Juve’s first 17 matches. Despite Costa only joining the Italian champions on a permanent basis from Bayern Munich earlier this year, the Brazil international could be on his way out of the Allianz Stadium in the coming weeks. Rai Sport suggests that United have lodged a £54m bid ahead of the January window as they are keen to strengthen out wide. Costa’s last goal or assist came in May, having failed to register in 16 club outings this term. Th...

‘It was a bad mistake’ – Douglas Costa apologies for spitting in opponent’s face

The Brazilian’s red card overshadowed Juventus’ 2-1 win over Sassuolo, in which Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice. By Press AssociationFiled: Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 23:12 UK Last Updated: Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 23:12 UK Juventus star Douglas Costa has apologised but could face a long ban after spitting in the face of Sassuolo‘s Federico Di Francesco on Sunday. The flash point came in second-half stoppage time as Juventus saw out a 2-1 victory in their latest Serie A match, with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring twice. Sassuolo had just pulled a goal back through Khouma Babacar when Costa and Di Francesco squared up. Brazilian winger Costa already looked to have lost his composure after aiming an elbow and a headbutt moments earlier – but the worst was to come as he spa...

Wolverhampton Wanderers director Kevin Thelwell defends Barry Douglas sale

Wolverhampton Wanderers director of football Kevin Thelwell speaks out on his decision to sell popular Scotland full-back Barry Douglas to Leeds United. By Giuseppe Labellarte, ReporterFiled: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 20:32 UK Last Updated: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 20:33 UK Wolverhampton Wanderers director of football Kevin Thelwell has defended his decision to sell full-back Barry Douglas to Leeds United. Although Wolves signed 10 players in deals worth £67m this summer following promotion to the Premier League, some fans were angered when the 28-year-old was moved on from Molineux. Douglas was an ever-present figure in helping the West Midlanders to the Championship title and back into the top flight with 14 assists last term. “I can see why people would question it on the f...

Barry Douglas: ‘More to come from Leeds United’

Defender Barry Douglas says that the “best is still to come” from Leeds United, despite the Yorkshire giants registering 10 points from four games in the Championship. By Darren Plant, ReporterFiled: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 18:55 UK Last Updated: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 18:55 UK Defender Barry Douglas has backed Leeds United to build on their impressive start to the Championship. The Yorkshire giants have recorded 10 points from their opening four games at the second tier since the arrival of new head coach Marcelo Bielsa. Douglas was a surprise signing from Wolverhampton Wanderers in the summer, but the left-back has revealed that he has quickly settled into life at Elland Road. The 28-year-old is quoted by the club’s official website as saying: “The team...

Leeds United sign Barry Douglas from Wolverhampton Wanderers

Leeds United complete the signing of left-back Barry Douglas from Wolverhampton Wanderers on a three-year contract. By Matt Law, European Football EditorFiled: Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 18:48 UK Last Updated: Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 18:48 UK Leeds United have completed the signing of left-back Barry Douglas from Wolverhampton Wanderers on a three-year contract. The 28-year-old has become Marcelo Bielsa‘s first permanent transfer of the summer – following loan arrivals Jamal Blackman and Lewis Baker to Elland Road. Douglas made 42 appearances for Wolves during the 2017-18 campaign, but had been deemed surplus to requirements following the club’s promotion to the Premier League. The full-back, who will wear the number three shirt next season, has joined Leeds for an und...

Douglas Costa, Danilo ruled out of Brazil’s meeting with Serbia

Danilo will remain absent from Brazil’s squad to face Serbia due to a hip injury, while Douglas Costa is also sidelined with a thigh problem. By Daniel Lewis, Football League CorrespondentFiled: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 17:12 UK Last Updated: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 17:12 UK Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar has revealed that Brazil will be without Douglas Costa and Danilo for their crucial Group E showdown with Serbia next week. The Selecao head into Wednesday evening’s match at the Spartak Stadium knowing that a point will be enough to secure a spot in the last 16 of the World Cup. Providing an injury update four days ahead of the Serbia match, Lasmar stated that Danilo is still not over the hip injury that kept him out of the 2-0 win over Costa Rica, while Costa is suffering f...

Transfer Talk Daily Update: Mousa Dembele, Douglas Costa, Jonny Evans

Sports Mole rounds up the latest confirmed transfer news and speculation from across the footballing world. By Andy Brent, ReporterFiled: Friday, June 8, 2018 at 07:57 UK Last Updated: Friday, June 8, 2018 at 07:57 UK The transfer window is open! Clubs around the UK and Europe are getting business done as they look to give themselves the best possible chance at success in the new season. Friday morning’s headlines: Inter Milan ‘readying bid for Tottenham Hotspur’s Mousa Dembele’Inter Milan reportedly prepare a player-plus-cash offer for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele. Read more. Juventus secure permanent Douglas Costa dealJuventus exercise their right to make Douglas Costa’s loan move from Bayern Munich permanent. Read more. Jonny Evans completes m...

Juventus secure permanent Douglas Costa deal

Juventus exercise their right to make Douglas Costa’s loan move from Bayern Munich permanent. By Mark Langshaw, ReporterFiled: Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 20:48 UK Last Updated: Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 20:48 UK Juventus have agreed to shell out €40m (£35m) to make Douglas Costa‘s loan move from Bayern Munich permanent. The Serie A champions, who paid €6m (£5m) to take the 27-year-old on loan last summer with the option to buy, have exercised their right to bring him to Italy on a full-time basis. “Juventus have exercised the option for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of Douglas Costa from Bayern Munich for €40m to be paid in two financial years,” the Turin club said in a statement on its website. “Juventus and the player signed a contract...

Skip to toolbar