The left-back has vowed to “come back stronger” following injury.
Manchester City defender Oleksandr Zinchenko has reported the injury he suffered during Wednesday’s Premier League victory over Cardiff is not serious.
The Ukrainian, who has established himself as City’s first-choice left-back this season in the absence of injury victims Benjamin Mendy and Fabian Delph, limped off after 19 minutes at the Etihad Stadium.
After the 2-0 win, manager Pep Guardiola said the injury, which appeared to be a hamstring problem, “doesn’t look good”, giving him a selection concern for the remainder of quadruple-chasing City’s season.
But the 22-year-old posted on Instagram: “Good team performance and we have 6 more finals in Premier League! Thanks for your support and messages the injury is not so serious. Will come back stronger.”
City’s immediate concern is Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final against Brighton at Wembley. If Zinchenko is unavailable there could be a recall for Mendy, who has now recovered from the knee injury sustained in November but appears to have fallen out of favour.
Alternatively Danilo, who switched from the right flank against Cardiff, could again feature.
Delph remains sidelined with the injury that forced him to withdraw from the England squad last month.
“We’ll see the decision we will take for the FA Cup semi-final,” Guardiola said.
Hughton unhappy with VAR being shown at Wembley