Keylor Navas says that he is willing to leave Real Madrid if he is no longer required following the return of Zinedine Zidane as manager.
Real Madrid keeper Keylor Navas has admitted that he is still in the dark over his future but is willing to leave the club if he is deemed to be surplus to requirements.
The 32-year-old spent much of the current campaign as second choice to Thibaut Courtois under Santiago Solari but has started between the sticks twice in three games since Zinedine Zidane returned as manager last month.
Prior to Zidane’s arrival, Navas had been tipped to leave the Bernabeu at the end of the season, but he is now thought to be reconsidering his stance after receiving assurances about his role next term.
Asked about the current state of play following Madrid’s 2-1 loss at Valencia on Wednesday night, Navas told reporters: “If the coach tells me to go, that’s what I’m going to do. But I have a contract and my present is at Real Madrid.
“I will always try to give my best and convince the coach that I should play. I have a contract and I want to be here, but let’s see what happens. Let’s focus on finishing the season well.
“We have to, for the honour of the badge, go out and win the remaining [eight] matches.”
Los Blancos currently find themselves third in the La Liga table, 13 points behind leaders Barcelona.
Zinedine Zidane ‘hints at Courtois sale’