Fulham

Juventus ‘to rival Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United for Ryan Sessegnon’

Juventus have joined Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United in the race to sign Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham, according to a report. Italian champions Juventus are reportedly in the running to sign £40m-rated wideman Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham. The 18-year-old is about to enter the final year of his contract and the Cottagers may therefore be forced to cash in during the summer transfer window. Tottenham Hotspur have been repeatedly linked with Sessegnon over the past 18 months, while Manchester United are also believed to retain an interest as they are after an energetic player for the wide areas. According to The Mirror, Juve have added their name to the English youngster’s list of suitors for similar reasons to United, having crashed out of the Champions League earlier than planned...

Parker: “Vitally important” to keep Mitrovic

Scott Parker expects Fulham to do “everything they can” to keep hold of top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic but admits it will be difficult following Premier League relegation. Striker Mitrovic underlined his importance to the west London club by claiming his 11th league goal of a difficult season to earn Saturday’s 1-0 win at Bournemouth. The Serbia international joined the Cottagers last term when they were playing in the Sky Bet Championship and fired them to promotion via the play-offs with 12 goals in 20 appearances. Caretaker manager Parker believes it is crucial to retain the services of the 24-year-old as they prepare for an immediate return to the second tier. “It will be vitally important really, he’s a top-class centre forward and I think you’ve se...

Scott Parker praises “first class” Fulham fans after back-to-back wins

Fulham caretaker boss Scott Parker hopes successive Premier League victories provides some consolation for the club’s disillusioned fans following a torrid season of struggle. The relegated Cottagers followed up last weekend’s victory over Everton by winning 1-0 at Bournemouth to earn a first away success of the campaign. Aleksandar Mitrovic’s second-half penalty secured victory at the Vitality Stadium after he was brought down in the box by Cherries substitute Jack Simpson. Parker, who replaced the sacked Claudio Ranieri in late February, believes it is crucial to reconnect with disgruntled supporters ahead of their immediate return to the Sky Bet Championship. “Really satisfying, back to back wins, another clean sheet as well. It’s been a good day really,...

Everton boss Marco Silva defends Andre Gomes after three-match ban

The midfielder will miss the Toffees’ next three games. Everton boss Marco Silva has told Andre Gomes to learn from his mistake after the midfielder was handed a three-match ban for violent conduct. Gomes admitted the charge arising from a late tackle on Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic at Craven Cottage last week, and will start his suspension against Manchester United on Sunday. Silva admitted his “surprise” at the ban but said it was up to Gomes and other players to keep their cool to avoid similar incidents. Silva told a press conference: “Andre is a fair and honest player and he is enjoying what he is doing at the moment but some moments happen. “It is always tough to play against a player like Mitrovic with his kind of game, but we have to keep our emo...

Scott Parker predicts “difficult year in a difficult league” for Fulham

The Cottagers have been relegated back to the Championship. Fulham caretaker boss Scott Parker believes now is the perfect time for the club to “get ahead of the game” in their preparations for a promotion push next season. The Cottagers will be kicking off in the Championship come August after relegation was finally confirmed with a 4-1 defeat at Watford on April 2. There are, though, signs of some positives for the future as Parker’s side rallied to beat Everton last weekend which halted a run of nine straight defeats. Parker has yet to learn whether he will be at the helm to try to tackle the challenges of an unrelenting Championship campaign head on next season. The former Fulham midfielder, who replaced Claudio Ranieri in February, believes the rebuilding process nee...

Tottenham Hotspur ‘winning Ryan Sessegnon race’

Tottenham Hotspur are at the head of the queue for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon, according to a report. Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly at the head of the queue for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon. Sessegnon has made 31 Premier League appearances for the Cottagers this season, scoring twice and contributing six assists. The 18-year-old has attracted attention from the likes of Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund and Paris Saint-Germain, but Tottenham have been consistently linked with the left-sided player. According to The Sun, the pulling power of Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino means that the capital outfit are at the head of the queue entering this summer’s transfer window. Sessegnon – an eight-time England Under-21 international – scored 15 times for Fulham during ...

Premier League Team of the Week – Lucas Moura, Kevin De Bruyne, Virgil van Dijk

Sports Mole selects its Premier League team of the week for gameweek 34, including Lucas Moura, Kevin De Bruyne and Virgil van Dijk. The 2018-19 Premier League season edged one more game towards its conclusion this weekend, with Liverpool still leading a title race which looks set to go down to the wire. Manchester City momentarily returned to the top of the table with a 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace on Sunday, but the Reds responded by beating Chelsea 2-0 at Anfield to move two points clear – albeit having played a game more than the champions. Chelsea’s defeat at Anfield saw their top-four hopes take a blow as Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United and Arsenal all won, with Spurs among the biggest victors of the weekend courtesy of their 4-0 triumph over relegated Huddersfiel...

Ryan Babel: ‘I wish I could have saved Fulham’

Ryan Babel has impressed for Fulham since signing a short-term deal in January but the experienced forward is disappointed his impact has not staved off relegation from the Premier League. The Holland international scored his fourth goal for the Whites as they secured a first win since January with a well-deserved 2-0 victory over Everton at Craven Cottage on Saturday. Babel, 32, had already laid on the opening goal for Fulham captain Tom Cairney before a cool finish from the former Liverpool man gave the already-relegated side just their fifth league win of the campaign. While Babel, who signed a deal until the end of the season, has made his mark on the Fulham squad he could not help prevent an immediate return to the Sky Bet Championship. “I wish my impact could have saved Fulham ...

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic heading to China in £50m deal?

A report claims that Guangzhou Evergrande could beat Premier League clubs to the signing of Fulham’s Aleksandar Mitrovic, who they are willing to pay £300,000 a week. Fulham are reportedly set to lose striker Aleksandar Mitrovic to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande following their relegation from the Premier League. The Cottagers’ demotion after just one season back in the big time was confirmed earlier this week with a 4-1 defeat at Watford. A number of players are expected to be moved on by Fulham to help balance the books, but Mitrovic is one of the players they would ideally keep hold of. Having hit double figures in the Premier League this season, though, the Serbia international has attracted interest from a handful of clubs, Evergrande supposedly among them....

Tottenham Hotspur ‘leading Manchester United in race for Ryan Sessegnon’

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly in pole position to sign Fulham winger Ryan Sessegnon, who has also been linked with Manchester United, PSG and Borussia Dortmund. Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly leading Manchester United in the race to sign Fulham winger Ryan Sessegnon this summer. Fulham are understood to be resigned to losing their star asset after their relegation from the Premier League was confirmed in midweek, with some of England’s top clubs interested in the youngster. Sessegnon was regularly linked with a big-money switch before Fulham’s promotion and now looks destined to join a big team with Spurs and United both still interested. Fulham’s relegation – and the fact that Sessegnon has just one year left on his contract – means that the Cottagers co...

Fulham ‘resigning to losing Spurs target Ryan Sessegnon’

Fulham reportedly acknowledge that they will have to sell youngster Ryan Sessegnon during the summer transfer window. Fulham have reportedly acknowledged that they will struggle to keep Ryan Sessegnon at Craven Cottage. The West Londoners were able to keep the wide player at the club after securing promotion to the Premier League, and the 18-year-old was happy to be provided with first-team football. However, Fulham’s relegation and just over a year remaining on Sessegnon’s contract has left the club in a vulnerable position regarding the player’s future. According to The Mirror, Fulham have accepted that Sessegnon is likely to be sold before they begin next season in the Championship. Tottenham Hotspur are among the clubs who have been monitoring the teenager, with the p...

Supporters: ‘Fulham must learn lessons from relegation’

Fulham can have no excuses for not being prepared for life back in the Championship next season after being relegated with five Premier League matches left, according to the chair of the supporters’ trust. Owner Shahid Khan apologised to the club’s fans on Wednesday morning after the 4-1 thumping at Watford, a ninth-successive defeat, sealed their fate. The Cottagers splashed out more than £100millon on new players following promotion last summer, but registered only four Premier League victories and sacked two managers during a season of struggle. A message to the #FFC fans, from our Chairman Shahid Khan. — Fulham Football Club (@FulhamFC) April 3, 2019 Khan said in his statement he was “sorry that we let you down”, while also looking ahead to “plan thoroughly and respond accordingly”. Wh...

Skip to toolbar